bid there won that

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gaming With The Boy

Alexander, my son, doesn't typically like to play boardgames with just two players. Even though he is, what I would call, somewhat of a boardgamer, he prefers his boardgaming with multiplayers.

So I was quite delighted yesterday when he treated me to a triple feature.

Kingsburg: This is one of his favorites and he usually kicks my butt at it. Yesterday was no different. Try as I might, I can't seem to put together a winning strategy in this game. He won by a mile. We need to try out some of the new (free) expansions I've seen online.

FITS: I introduced him to this new Knizia, which I'm predicting will win this year's Spiel des Jahres. That saddens me, because in my heart of hearts, I'm rooting for Dominion. Still, it's hard to deny the appeal FITS will have to families, as opposed to Dominion. Even Alexander, who loves Dominion, said he liked FITS more. I was shocked to hear him admit that. Oh, I won five to zero!

Runebound: We have the original edition, with the singular expansion they created for it. I've thought about upgrading to the second edition, but we play it so rarely, it hardly makes sense. We had a great time and the replayability seems enormous, especially with only two players. I bet we didn't go through 1/4 of the market deck. We played a souped-up version, only requiring 5 XP to upgrade, instead of 6. I prevailed for the win, capturing three dragon runes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home